Sunday, September 16, 2018



     After watching the David Thornburg video on the future of the classroom I have to say that I do agree that the use of technology in the classroom is imperative to a well rounded education for students today.  I recognized his desire to make sure that teachers are using the Redefinition section of the SAMR ladder model when it comes to the aspects of technology that are only available through the actual use of the specific technology, i.e. google maps, that did not exist before. 
      I also agree with Mr. Thornburg about using technology to give a baseline of knowledge about a subject which will allow the teacher to delve into deeper and more thought provoking aspects of learning.  The example of Christopher Columbus in the video was a great example.  This would allow teachers to go much father in teaching students "how" to think instead of "what".  What was the voyage like?  Would you like to go on that voyage, and why?  What would you think was the ,most dangerous part of a sailors life in the 15 century?  That Christopher Columbus sailed is a fact.  What Christopher Columbus and his sailors did to get there is knowledge. 

No comments: