Saturday, September 22, 2018

Hey team, I hope you are all enjoying your weekend!

    Before this class, I knew little about blogging, had never done it, and hadn’t heard about blogging being incorporated as an educational tool. After seeing Ms. Yollis classroom blog, I recognize the multitude of benefits and enjoyment it brings to the classroom. One thing that stood out to me was how Ms. Yollis consistently blogged about the learning being done in the classroom through pictures of activities the students did, classroom visitors, short passages, and links. This can help students review class content and makes it possible for parents to become involved in their child’s education. I also loved how each student have their own personalized blog. The students are expected to compose well written blog posts to share with the class and other users worldwide, so not only are they practicing ELA skills, but are connecting to a larger audience in meaningful ways. I truly admire the way Ms. Yollis used blogging and would love to incorporate blogging in my future classroom. 

One thing I wonder is how or if it’s possible for blogging to be incorporated in the younger grades, such as Kinder or 1st?

No comments: